Tuesday, December 11, 2007

French Kiss - Dec 2

We met up with Jollin and Claudia to check out the Quick and Dirty area's ice. Suprisingly enough, I had never been into this area because of scheduling conflicts in previous years. The weather was finally cooperating for ice as it had been cold all week long.


The walk into the climbs was a dream compared to our previous two weekends of ice climbing - only 15 minutes! We arrived at the base in no time. Brad and I headed to the left most side of the amphitheatre to climb French Kiss, while Jollin & Claudia stuck right on the main Quick & Dirty route. The climbs were very, very wet, In fact, at times it was like standing in the shower as everytime I looked up I got water in my eyes. My gloves were squishy soaked by the end of the route, and the rest of me was equally wet. The lead was fun and varied, although I dropped a tool ahlfway up and had to come down to retrieve it.

After I descended, we pulled the ropes so that Brad could lead the route. This was his most challenging lead on ice to date, and after a case of the Screaming Barfies he reached the top.

We never had a chance to switch routes with Jollin & Claudia, as everyone was wet and ready to go. Another day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow sounds like you guys are having a great time! definately getting to see some beautiful senery!

Anonymous said...

I have never come across your blog before. Love it